From Rain to Sun
Oh Oxford.... It's pouring rain right now, and freezing cold. What happened to the beautiful weather? I had to turn the heat back on: IT'S ALMOST JUNE!!!!
So I'm anxiously awaiting grades, and simultaneously working on my dissertation research. Past two weeks, I've been compiling book reviews from historians onto other historians about their books, to find out what's been said about my topic, revisionism etc. Next up is reading Journal articles and personally reviewing those, UGH. My bibliography states that I have 10 Journal articles per chapter, and I have 6 chapters :) That should occupy another 2 weeks. Then finally, my 'Front Porch' will be done.
I've been spending a lot of time in the QI bar. It recently got bought out and is now an open instead of private bar :) Plus....and this is a secret....they have free Internet, shhhhhhhhhhh! Another secret is that they have a kick ass happy hour, shhhhhhhhhhh!
Let's see, besides studying I watched V for Ven-detta again, which is an awesome movie, very inspirational. I don't know why, but it gets me every time!!!
Specifically this part:
And the end part:
But be forewarned, you should probably watch the whole movie, as this will spoil it for you :) Just know that "Ideas are Bulletproof" is a derivative of Woodrow Wilson's quote: "Men Die, Ideas Live Forever".
Looking forward to Spain with Dustin on Saturday. Hola sunny weather and delicious tapas and sangria! xxxxxxx
PS- here is Stephie and I baking chocolate chip cookies at my flat :)


<< Home