Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Random Research Sprawl

I should be studying right now, but I just had to mention this strange thought that just occurred to me.
In this past year, the amount of research I have conducted is mind numbing. But the subjects of this research are all over the map. For instance, if we back track....
Today I am reading about marriage meltdowns from 1660-1800.
Yesterday, I read about law cases of incest rape and murder in the 18th century.
The week before that I was studying children and childhood theory.
The week before that I wrote a paper on prostitution.
The week before that I was studying 20th century historians.
The semester before that I wrote about the British Indian Empire?
etc. etc. etc.
I feel like all I've been doing is sidetracking, writing about topics I would have never dreamt about a year ago.
I'm not saying I dislike it, but it's definitely NOT what I signed up for...

And on that note, I'm out. Back to reading about child discipline, marital violence, wife beating...UGH!