Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Is it racist to HATE racists?

Recently, I had the 'privilege' of encountering racism. Anyone who knows me best knows that I HATE RACISTS!!! I always stand up for equality and have no fears in projecting to others that they are being racist. I have ended many friendships over use of the 'N' word and have repeatedly removed myself from the presence of those who use that word and other slurs like it. Just because you don't agree or understand another's culture does not give you credence to judge that culture.

I have many friends from all walks of life, (rich, poor, republican, democrat, educated, uneducated, gay, straight, ALL RELIGIONS AND ETHNICITIES), and it pains me to see bigotry still infecting homes across America. Racism starts in the home, and that is why I try my hardest to stand up and EDUCATE those who are racist. RACISM IS WRONG!!!!!

You see, there is a difference in being upset about certain situations and presenting it in a calm manner. And then there are those who are arrogant, and try to push their twisted ideologies onto others without grace, more like joking about stereotypes as if a joke will mask their racist undertones.

It is amazing to me how adults, who should be role models, can be racist.

So please, don't be silent. Stand up for what is right, and end racism when you encounter it.
Here are some encouraging links:
www.now.org/issues/diverse/ending.html
www.hopesite.ca/rekindle/how/how_toc.html
www.betterworld.net/quotes/endracism-quotes.htm

On a happier note, I recently indulged in a fetish fantasy. Last night, Stephanie and I were gorging ourselves in the 3C's: chips, chicken and cheese. Suddenly, a tall, dark and handsome man approached us wearing a full Scottish traditional wardrobe, complete with kilt. We, being the perverts that we are, decided to officially find out what was under those kilts.... it turns out NOTHING! After lifting up the back end of his skirt, we saw a nice hairy ass! Definitely the highlight of my night/life!