Dudley Who? 60 Grams of What? OXB beat OX How?
Was at the BOD all day today till closing, and even made jokes with the guards while I was leaving that I didn't want to be locked in with the ghosts of Bodleian...
But, one thing was really funny today. My Latte associate, Sahrah (Caramel), was studying next to me when, randomly, she poked me in the arm and asked me to look at a huge 16th century painting hanging on the wall. I looked. She asked, "Do you know who that is"? I said no. She said "It's Dudley"! I said HUH? She then proceeded to tell me all about him, a sudden history lesson, afterwhich she nodded in approval. I looked at her, like 'where the hell did that come from'!?!? But it was really interesting that such stories can be had from the paintings watching over you. Wouldn't that have been funny if I was actually studying Elizabethan history and knew of him? Freaky!
On a side note, we forget which Dudley it is.
Sahrah swears it was
Robert Dudley: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dudley%2C_Earl_of_Leicester
(Played by Jeremy Irons in the movie Elizabeth I ... Shout out to EVIE TURTLE xoxo)
but it could have also been
John Dudley: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dudley%2C_1st_Duke_of_Northumberland
or
Edmund Dudley: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Dudley
I'll be going back to check on that painting one more time, to confirm :)
I find it so funny that the British don't have a slew of fat-free salad dressings...what's up with that???? I'm in Sainsbury's looking for some Caesar salad dressing and pick up a bottle and was surprised to read that its fat content was 60 GRAMS!!! Somebody please send me fat-free Caesar dressing, and while you are at it-maybe some Orange Listerine Pocket strips too :)
By the way, have I ever mentioned that according to the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), conducted on universities in England every 5 years, OXFORD BROOKES has a better history department than OXFORD!?!?! It is definitely true.
Read here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/1709497.stm
and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Brookes_University#_note-0
Although, when the RAE results are announced for 2006, I very much doubt that will still be the case.
Hope you enjoy all the links I've been posting xoxo back to studying for me x
UPDATE: It's Robert Dudley, Sah- you were RIGHT!!!!!


<< Home