Adventures of Chai and the Latte SuperHeroes
Heyooooo! It's 10:30pm here. Just got back from class. I love night classes, very no frills. Anyhoo, I had a presentation tonight on Blasphemy in Modern Britain.... and I KILLED IT. Every time the teacher would comment on something, I had the relevant example or picture to back it up. He talked about the religionization of sports fanatics.... and I coincidentally had a post-modern image of blasphemy in Wayne Rooney, Manchester United football star, and poster child of Nike. Well I had a Nike advert of him stretching his arms out like Jesus, naked, screaming, with blood-red paint smattered across his body like the St. George Cross of England's flag, or blood of Christ (your choice). In addition, we talked about the recent phenomenon with the Danish Press and its publishing of cartoons on Islam's Mohammad. Well, remember I found the http://www.jesusandmo.net/ cartoons and again KILLED IT!!!! I only wish this presentation was graded, ahhhh. Yeah good class, but I was so tired...from giggling all day today with my friends. I'll explain:
You see, the Bodleian Library is huge, amassing several buildings, collections etc. There's a different library for every subject. The Old Bodleian Library, which happens to be its most famous, is where History is housed, as well as English, Literary Theory, Classics and Philosophy. My library is awesome, but the crowd is just so-so. Yeah, sometimes the occasional professor and I will exchange glances and words but it's no fun. You are not allowed to drink or eat ANYTHING, so it is very much the place for intense study. Also, the clientele... all graduate students, doctors, continuing educatees and professors. It's OLD SCHOOL.
Flashback: On an impromptu study date months ago, my friend Jon took me to the Social Science BOD Library. A bit of a walk, but well worth it (there's beautiful architecture, sofas, a restaurant/cafe and you can drink whatever you want inside). It's where the young intellectual humanities students hang out. Flash forward: On Tuesday, my friend Stephanie and I decided that we should go there, and check it out. We have this tradition of meeting at Starbucks, and it is also tradition that I am 10 minutes late :) From there we walked to the Social Science BOD and were shocked to find very hot British men, all studying and learning and cavorting with each other. We actually counted and figured out the proportion was 12 for 13. Amazing. We told others.
So today, Stephanie, Julia, Sahrah AND I, went to this heavenly BOD but were disappointed to find our ratio overturned to 1 for 20. Apparently, Thursdays are not Hot-Men Study Days......
Oh yes, I forgot. I've been running tangent... The reason why I was doing a lot of giggling today was because we had the funniest conversation. At Starbucks, we all found it quite coincidental that we all drink Lattes. I drink Chai Latte, Stephie drinks Vanilla Latte and Julia drinks Hazelnut Latte. Ironic? I think not. We, being the creative geniuses that we are, developed this further into us being SuperHeroes for Starbucks!!!! Our weapons would be elements from Starbucks used to make coffee. For example, my weapon is coffee beans, which I throw on the floor, and watch the victims make funny faces while slipping and falling, never to get up again. Another weapon, I believe was poisonous Latte foam??? Anyway, after blindly asking Sahrah what her favorite Starbucks drink was, she actually said "ummmmm Caramel Latte"!!! We all hit the floor laughing, and then we remembered what Helen's favorite Starbucks drink was- "Ginger Latte"!!!! Crazy I know! Also, although our other friend Laura drinks TEA, we have decided she will be our sidekick. Laura will have real powers, similar to April from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So we are now Latte SuperHeroes defending Starbucks against our evil villains: Costa Coffee and Nero Coffee. More adventures to follow :) xxxxxx


<< Home