Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Christmas in July?

Today is my British Birthday!!!! I was at the bank today making a deposit and as I filled in the date, I realized that today is 11-7-07.... or November 7th in American connotation :) heehee

Anyway, worked all day at the BOD. I'm trying to finish up one more paper on 19th century juvenile delinquency. My friends and I all study there, and then take breaks for Starbucks and look out of the Starbucks window and make fun of all the tourists. I find myself screaming "get out of my city"!!!!! Yeah, that's right.. I am a local now :P

Not much going on besides entering into a deep depression. I CANNOT believe I am going "home" in 6 weeks. It is crazy. It's the little things that are freaking me out, such as going food shopping and noticing that the labels all have expiration dates AFTER I leave... I'm trying very hard not to think about it, but it really does suck. I am going to miss my Oxford life-style and my friends here sooooooo much. We have such good times together... blah I can't even write about it because it's getting me upset.

I'm also depressed about this British weather. Summers here are supposed to make you forget about the horrid winters, but this summer has been the wettest on record. I believe we have sun for about 3 hours a day, if that. I only just turned off the heat. It's sooooo depressing. I'm praying for an Indian Summer in Philly, 90 degrees in October... yeah, that would rock :)

Going to see the new Harry Potter movie on Friday night with some friends, which should be awesome.

So happy birthday to me.... and if I had one wish it would be ____________!