Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Friday, June 29, 2007

'Sorry, but I only eat Swedish fish'

Glad I managed to have just ONE more weekend it London.... because now it has gone to shit. I'm sure you've heard the 'car bomb scare with nails' news. My favorite part is that the reason they caught the bombs BEFORE they exploded was because of some sick drunk girl at a club. Apparently, paramedics were called for this sick girl and THEY were the ones that spotted the strange car bomb and called police. So cheers for the sick drunk girls of London, without which we might not have a Piccadilly Square :(

UPDATE - Ok, so now I'm getting worried... why the hell would terrorists want to hit Glasgow Airport? It's so absurd but absolutely frightening. Shout out to Stephanie, Sahrah and Julia who are traveling in Belfast, please come back to Oxford safe and sound!!!! Also, am now disillusioned by the British Government for knowing about threats to London for two weeks and telling the public NOTHING!!!

Anyway, so MY trip to London was fabulous. My friend Chris was on a Study Abroad in Calabria, Italy and flew in to see me. We stayed from Fri-Mon in a hostel, which I don't recommend, called The Generator. Anyway, our first night was great, we ate British steak pie cooked with Guinness and walked around our neighborhood. Also went to The Big Chill lounge, which I've been dying to go to. The awesome location was between the tubes Russell Square and King's Cross, just around the corner from the British Library and UCL campus. So the following two days Chris ran me ragged doing up 5 museums and serendipitously catching the changing of the guard. My favorite part was the V&A museum, which I've never been to. I need to stress this....I was completely blown away. From now on, that's the museum I will take visitors to. Lots more stories, but for now, I will just post the pictures.....




And some more...