Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

R.I.P. Big Ben's bells and whistles :(

So, I decided to wait awhile before blogging... until something interesting came up... and boy did it ever! This is really sad, but unfortunately for me, I won't get to hear the Big Ben clock's chimes and bells on the quarter hours :( The government is conducting maintenance on the clock for 4-6 weeks, and I'll be gone by then. If I had known I would have sooooo video tapped it in June, about the last time I was around Big Ben. Isn't that depressing???

Went to London last night to celebrate my friend Kristin's success at finding a job here in England. Also met up with my friend Romish and met some of his friends. It was a good night, drank way too much yet I didn't get sick, because earlier in the evening I ate a STEAK DINNER! hmmmmmm It's also sad to say but I have only eaten steak in England 3 times since I've been here. And as soon as I get home, I am going straight to Outback, or better yet, I will beg my mom to cook me several delicious steaks :)

Speaking of which, yeah, can't believe this but I'll be home in 18 days! I really have no plans, no goals, no nothing, a complete blank canvas. So everybody STOP ASKIN ME!!!! The only thing I know for sure is that I plan on going right back into school in January for some GRE classes (for a definite PhD), some writing courses, and possibly some more Italian lessons. Also want to take up vegetarian cooking and Yoga, if anyone is interested in joining me :)

In the meantime, I'm here, in Oxford, soaking up the little sun available, eating all the mature grade 7 cheese I can stomach, and trying not to freak out about coming back to 'the real world'.... Oxford has been such an oasis for me, a last ditch effort to stay a student forever! And believe me, that is my absolute goal, to be a 'professional student'. And I think I'm doing a great job :)