One month left, ouch!
Hooray Hooray, I just got finished two papers today, (with some help... you know who you are xoxo), and now I can relax for a full 24 hours!!!! Yay! Let's see, my relaxation includes going to the tanning salon, perhaps a stint in Yoga, surfing the web for London hotels, making my final doctors appointments, and of course having a pedicure (but it's not really the same since I have to do it myself, blaaaach). Also meeting up with my girls on Tuesday night for a final pub crawl, it may be one of the last times we'll all be together, tear ;(
The next couple of weeks will be extremely busy for me. I have soooo much going on, and much to do. I'm going to London on Wednesday, maybe Thursday too. I'll be in the British Library all day working on my dissertation, 'trolling through the archives', as they say :) Next, I'll go to Kew for the National Archives on Friday or Saturday, followed by sleep on Sunday, natch. That's pretty much what I'll be doing until August 22nd, when Mumsie gets here :)
So, The Frontline Club was pretty amazing. I will post the pictures soon, but definitely had a good time. The Sri Lankan film documentary we saw was so low budget, and I learned a lot about the nonsense that is terrorism. Apparently, there are no logical reasons for it in Sri Lanka, both northerners and southerners are clueless as to why they are still fighting each other. It's not religion, nor ethnicity, it's a non-issue! Anyway, the movie ended early so I called Romish and had him meet us at my favorite hipster lounge, The Big Chill House by King's Cross tube, www.bigchill.net/house.html We hung out there for a few hours, had some 4 pound Hoegaardens and pizza then decided to crash at his house since it got so late. Romish lives in an awesome part of northern London where all the celebrities live. He has a proper British house in a cul de sac development. Lots of hip pubs and artsy stores by him. Here's the neighborhood's deets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muswell_Hill
Also, sorry this blog is a bit chaotic and out of order :P
One more story before I go back to studying...
There's a tiny cafe here called Cafe' Creme, and one of the employees and myself have struck up a pretty funny repertoire over the past few months. We exchange smiles and small talk, while he makes me my ham and cheese baguette or Moroccan chicken wrap. Anyway, my friends make fun of us because whenever I go in, he lights up and smiles ear to ear. So.... they call him 'my boyfriend'. Now every time we walk by, we wonder if 'my boyfriend' is working, or we make plans to go visit 'my boyfriend' for lunch, hah hah. Just one of the many funny stories that I never want to forget, in fact, I better take a video of him so everyone can meet him. He has the most seductive voice.... :)
I'll end up jinxing myself here, but it's supposed to be sunny everyday this week, no rain=hallelujah!!!!! xoxo
Shout out to Rosie and Evie, my blondie twins :) WeHaveOutlandishRidiculousEgos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


<< Home