Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

JAP in recovery :(

I'm booked for Marburg, Germany! Alles Gute! I'll be visiting my favorite German family, Marianne and Nico from Dec. 21st to Dec 28th! Hooray! I can't wait to experience xmas in another country and partake in the yummy German cuisine.

Ah. I'm having trouble concentrating on my paper. I think it's because the holidays are here, more communication with family and friends etc. Everyone stay safe and have a 'healthy' holiday by eating cheesesteaks, chickie's crab fries, and by drinking Yuengling Lager for me...
Oh, and my 4,000 word 16 page paper is on the changes occurring between 1773 and 1857 in British India due to imperial British public opinion at home, and oriental education in India. It's interesting.

By the way, Hanukkah started yesterday but my friends here refuse to believe that I am Jewish and insist that I decorate my flat with lights and trees and shit. Hah. Am I really that much a non-Jew? NO, and here's why:

I wanted to show you this awesome website: http://www.mahoganyhair.co.uk/

I really would like to get my hair done there, specifically something from the JETSET or ANIME lines. I haven't done anything to my hair besides get a local cut and color. I really miss going to visit Shari at the hair salon and being free to get whatever color and style I wanted. Alas, funds DO NOT permit me to have the same freedoms and I hate it. I'm getting to the point where it's becoming rational to spend 170 POUNDS on a cut and color. But it's ridiculous with the exchange rate (that's 340$)! So in a way to set my priorities right. I've come up with a list... to better spend the money elsewhere. Hey, hair isn't everything :(
-Day trips to London, Manchester and Liverpool?
-New Karen Millen winter coat, that I desperately want?
-Second plane ticket to Germany in the spring?

Please encourage this list, or something else you recommend, so that I don't fall back on wanting to spend astronomical amounts on my hair. I'm teetering over here, ready to cave! HELP!

The Lemon Tree is having a noisy Christmas party right now. But the DJ is slammin! They are playing songs I listen to in the clubs. Sweet!

What else happened of interest this week???? Nothing really, just studying in the BOD everyday, constant renewal of Brookes books, watching Deal or No Deal on British TV, doing dishes, foodshopping, same ol same ol. I started recycling?@!?! Does that interest anyone? hahah I'm such a homebody.

I'm hoping tomorrow to experience some Jazz at Joe's Cafe in Summertown. Can't wait!
Wish me luck on another 4 days of intense studying :)