"Make em say UGGGGHHHH"- Master P
Ugh, I'm a bit hungover from life. This weekend was full of greatness, surprises, drama and deliverance: Recap!
On Wednesday, I met up with some friends at Checkers, a British pub. We were celebrating the night before Thanksgiving. We drank a few beers, laughs were had, all was good. We even met British army soldiers sitting at the table next to us. It was their first time in Oxford, and they had only known each other for a few days. They were all sweet and supported Liverpool.
On Thursday, I think it rained. I went shopping, and cleaned my flat. Ross came over and cooked me a delicious 'Thanksgiving' feast. He's probably reading this entry and smiling (I'm not allowed to write about him too much).
Anyway, on Friday, I was supposed to go support some indie rock concert, but those plans got cancelled. Instead, I studied at the BOD all day, and ran into two of my professors there. At night, I went to see the movie Borat. I completely agree with the hype. Borat was the funniest movie I've seen all year. My favorite part was when Borat said he wanted to "make romance on Pam Anderson's stomach" ?!?!?! Hahaha.
Saturday, was our big 'Curry Thanksgiving Dinner'. About 25 of us went to an Indian restaurant and had a delicious feast. I met some new peoples, and it was a good time. Afterwards, we went to a British pub on St. Clements street, famous for its gazillion board games. It was a weird pub, very old, smelled of burnt rubber, located in a converted basement. It was such an awful place that directly next to the bottles of alcohol were the bottles of RAID to kill the bugs!!! UGH!
After that, I was unfortunately coerced into going to the Zodiac on Cowley road. I've heard such horrible things about the place, specifically its underage crowd. And you all know how I feel about hanging with undergrads. UGH! Well, I figured it was a new place, gotta go once...
As we walked inside, I could just smell the youngness brewing. The Zodiac is a small concert venue, like The Electric Factory in Philly. Last night there was a James Bond theme going on. There were toy guns, boxcars, and gambling games all over. The drinks were pretty expensive too. Their 'special' was 3 shots for 5 pounds, but the shot glasses were terribly small. I felt jipped-UGH!. And then, when I actually took the shot, one drop landed on my shirt. I was so mad. We went into the bathroom and I tried to wash it up, but then the dot turned into a white spot because I rubbed it so much. UGH! More bad news came when I lost the back of my earring. I needed to replace it ASAP because my earrings were the focal point of my ensemble. Kristin lent me hers, but then later in the night, she lost her earring. I felt so bad!!!
So, more people arrived and we jumped on the dance floor. At this point I had one stella, one glass of rose wine, 2 coronas and a shot. The place got packed quickly and while dancing, I kinda slipped on the sticky floor. It was hilarious. I will say that the best part had to be the music playing. I listen to British indie/alternative/pop/rock/punk/emo music. And coincidently, that's what they were playing ALL NIGHT! It was great, this music isn't even released for sale in the States, let alone played at clubs as dance music. We sort of moshed our way into the late night hours.
Another memorable moment came when I randomly asked some dude to take pictures for me. Turns out his name was Nick, family from Arizona and was studying at Oxford uni- WORST PART WAS HE WAS 20!!!! UGH! I felt sick just talking to him. Then he kept following me all night trying to chat with me. hahah But I probably deserved it. I was messing around with my new philosophy/theory of 'negging'. He was my first target. To 'neg' is to insult a hot person, and whip them up into a conundrum of oppositeness.
More dancing followed. And after hours of this, I decided it was time to bounce. I jumped on the first bus I saw, and in it was some drunk dude puking on the floor...UGH!!!
All in all, it was a typical young and immature night. I was just glad to be surrounded by my older friends who laughed it up with me. We have now decided that we are 'Jericho girls' and from now on, we will be exclusively hanging there. About time, people came to their senses!!!
It's Sunday now, and I'm back to studying and figuring out a thesis. It was a good partying weekend, but now I'm done. Won't be doing it up like that until another paper is completed- around December 8th.
Thanks to all who contributed to my awesome weekend. It doesn't sound too good in print. But the pictures are smiley :)




<< Home