Oxford, England...for those of you who are not familiar, is the academic capital of the world. It only seems fitting that a smart-ass like me would end up there. I came to England on a Study Abroad in 2001 and haven't been able to mentally depart since.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spooky Class, Spooky Film and Spooky Birthday

Wanna know what is scary? Just finishing class, when all of a sudden, the door creaks open, and a frightening man with a green skeleton costume comes in gerrrrrrrring! Yes, in my Master's degree class. And do you know who this skeleton man was???? It was the school security officer (groundskeeper willy) about to lock up the building! I couldn't believe he had dressed up. My teacher looked like he was going to kill someone for entering his prestigious class and bursting in all spooky. Tonight's class was fun, but since I'm the only one with no kids or a job, I seem to be doing all the work and no one else really bothers. Interesting! It seems I put an emphasized value (ahem MONEY) into my education.

Anyway, all the kids dressed for Halloween and I was walking on eggs (literally) down the street. I guess some kids had a little too much fun.

But the best part is, when I got to South Parade, my adjacent street, there were camera crews and big trucks everywhere. It seems there was a movie being filmed at a restaurant, the restaurant I just dined at last week! I couldn't really see much, and it was to cold to stay outside asking for details. It's officially cold as hell here.

Okay, so just a reminder my birthday is on November 7th and I would really love some Philly love in the form of postcards and packages. I love getting mail, even e-mail! It's a big birthday too, I'll be officially 25, a quarter century! But I'm still forever 22 :)