The Bod has a nice Bod


Today was a fabulous day! I actually stepped foot into the Bodleian Library for the first time, and it was everything I expected and then some. It's kind of like a museum that you can study in. The walls are all adorned with 15th to 17th century art. There are books on the shelves dated from the 1400's!!! It's crazy, so crazy in fact that it's hard to study because you keep wanting to look up at the beautiful architecture. My library of History is on the 3rd floor, which enables great views of the medieval rooftops and castle like structures. Also, I get to see real gargoyles on the building's facade. The windows have stained glass portraits embedded in the glass, and the interior is lit by yellow lighting because of the old books and art, so you get this gloomy vibe. Every person in there wore glasses and had big leather briefcases. I also ran into one of my professors in the library! I wish I could take interior pictures, but it's quite illegal to do so, and I wouldn't do anything to harm the precious opportunity I have to study in the world's finest museum/library.
The photo above is my library entrance (how grand) and my library study room where I studied today :)


<< Home