Packing....Heat
Hello Everyone! I've been packing like crazy. 20 boxes down, 30 to go. So far, I have figured out which clothes to bring, which books to bring, which art to bring and which to store in my storage facility. It's very hard considering I can only pack 4 suitcases. I had just 4 for my Rome trip which was 6 months. And this Oxford trip is a YEAR! The stress has been building. I just got over my first migraine and now have constant stomach pains and panic attacks which make my heart race. I can't decide whether the stress is from being scared, being overwhelmed or being unhappy that I will miss all of my friends and family. I think probably all?!? On Thursday, I will finally be done working as a GED teacher. I decided NOT to tell my students because they would be very unhappy and probably quit. But I will definitely miss them. They were all such characters. Like my student Elvie, who at 76, grew up in the Deep South and has stories you wouldn't believe. He had friends lynched, worked on a plantation, knows how to make everything from scratch, and has like 15 children. He was a musician who traveled around and slept with lots of groupies. He told me about his daughter who works for NASA and his other daughter who married a Jewish stock broker. Haha. He also used to carry a personal GUN to class, but stopped after he read the class rules sheet. Elvie said "Uh oh, I think I am breaking one of these rules". I said "Which one"? He said, "The rule about the weapon"..... It was so funny that my oldest student was the one that carried a gun. How ironic. Anyway, I am making progress in my moving transition and I just want to thank everyone who has been helping me. Cheers! xoxo


<< Home